We have been asked how people can help Braden and donate funds towards medical treatments, equipment, and/or research towards a cure.
You may go to The A-T Children’s Project and make a tax deductible donation on their website in honor of Braden. If you are the donating sort, please consider this organization. They are working on top notch research with limited funds to do so. It would be a dream come true for them to even find a treatment to prolong or improve Braden’s life.
If your gift is non-financial, we would love to hear about it! Just want to be his buddy! That’s awesome! We love friends! Have the gift of being able to paint? He loves painting! Any other exciting ideas are welcome. We are always looking to find ways to make his life as rich and full as possible. His life may be cut short, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be beautiful.
If you wish to donate directly to Braden financially:
You may send funds to Braden through Braden’s Go Fund Me page. Click on me!
You may make a deposit at any Redstone Federal Credit Union into Braden Winks’ Donation Account.
Mail a check to the bank that holds Braden’s account:
Redstone Federal Credit Union
220 Wynn Drive
Huntsville, AL 35893
Braden Winks- Savings Account
- Send a check through your bank’s online bill pay with the payee stated as above.
I know I’ve said it a thousand times already, and I’m most likely going to say it at least another thousand times. Thank you. Thank you so much. Thank you just doesn’t seem adequate enough of a word to express my gratitude. I’ve felt my spirit lift today. It has not so much to do with funds that will hands down help Braden, but more to do with the fact that so many of you have reached out to us. It’s like giant virtual hugs every day. Your hugs are like band aids. They may not heal my wound, but they help protect it. I hope that I will be able to one day help somebody else in the way you all have helped me.
Your assistance has helped us pay so far:
- A medical stroller for Braden. He uses it ALL THE TIME!
- A medical bill for anesthesia for his MRI. It was refused by our insurance company, who stated it was medically unnecessary. The bill was staggering.
- We have a small amount set aside for burial expenses. Something we hope is a long way off, but must be prepared for regardless.
- We did take some of the funds to purchase tickets to take Braden on The Polar Express this December! He is in love with trains, and we thought that it would be an acceptable expense. We are quite careful to see that the funds are used towards only Braden’s expenses.